Monday, May 16, 2005

Maybe he was nervous...

When the novelty of a new thing called a blog wears off, what is a young man to do? Stop writing, I guess. I have to admit my laziness about journaling has been consistent. I began to feel like I was performing for an audience to laugh at my blogs, and the pressure of entertaining got to me and I stopped writing - much like a guy can get "stage fright" if he is asked to pee on command.

Then I realized that it is healthy to write in here, for me and for my carpells and tunnels. They tend to get down becuase they are not as syndromic as others their age. I am a helper.

So Layne & I checke dout sevral churches...well, actually we tried three. Two churches we tried once, and the other is Mars Hill, where we love to go. It feels like home there. So I got on ther horn to the staff and I am joining a men's house church soon. Six guys who just hang out and do guy things, like play sports, watch sports, and go see Star Wars movies. I am exited to see how it goes, as one of the things that I have been lacking is guy time. That is important for a man to feel supported by other Christian guys - there is a connection there. Layne & I are also trying to get into a couples house church, if one opens soon. They are less like Bible studies and more like "hang out with cool people" studies.

I am flying home to Oklahoma this weekend to see my FarmHouse little brother get married. Chitty and Haley get hitched on Saturday. I am excited to see my parents and friends, as it has been over three months. I'm only in town for about 48 hours, but that will be enough - just to see them and hang out.

So last week on the way to church I told Layne that I wasn't feeling like going. I told her that I felt like I was going becuase that is what good Christians do, and that I never wanted ot be that guy who goes to church because it is fashionable...I want to go because of some deeper reason. Well that was a hand to help Layne get on her soap-box and ht erest of the ride to church I just listened. She went on about how we go to honor God...not to feel "high" on spirituality, but in reverence of what He has done for us and Who He Is...that we should go becuase He deserves at least an hour of focus during our week. I agreed with that, was sufficed, and got slammed by the Glory of God at the service. It ROCKED! The music pumped me up - and God allowed me to feel jazzed about being in His fold...it is like He said, "Okay Fuller, you came for the right reason - becuase Layne showed you what it was on the highway driving in...so here ya' go!" He is fab-u-luss!

Don't let the humm drum of every day living get you down. It is the desire to work out the monotony of the work week and the drive to make it through the cycle that makes relationships to awesome. I love pushing through the same 'ol - same ol' with Layne. That is what makes us special - because we like to pull each other through that. She is fantastic. I love her. Nice job, Shoafs.

Erin Dudley is my hero.
josh

No comments: