Thursday, July 07, 2005

Steadily Depressin, Low Down Mind Messin' Woikin' at the Carwash Blues

Recognize that? Jim Croce was a genius - a druggie, and a little luts, but genius, nevertheless.

Well I took my first vacation as a businessman this weekend. I went with Layne and her family (including Erin Dudley) to Deer Valley. It has been a vacation spot for them for 12 years now, but as you know was a home for me for so long. It was nice to visit. I rode some younger horses, working some in the round pen and taking others up rides with Uncle Harold. He doesn't follow the trail, mind you. He prefers to bush-whack his way through the pines. Old friends were there, Jake the dog, and so many others.

It was really relaxing, although my shoulders are sore to match my butt. The riding takes it out of you, but puts it back into you just the same. There truely is nothing better for the inside of a man then the outside of a horse.

Layne & I, after an emotional Sunday service, realized we need to search for a church that is smaller, or at least a smaller group within it. And as for me and Enterprise, it is just a stepping stone, and one I have been wanting to step off of recentley. Fun, yes, but the pay sucks and I feel like I worked too hard in college to be doing this. But Brock DeWalt reminded me that God is doing things right now - He has me in this place for a reason. I beleieve His reason was to get to Michigan to be closer to Layne, so mission accomplished! I am looking...and I have a few leads for pharmaceutical jobs. We'll see where it goes. God has it. And the night before I was to return to work with a bad attitude, Layne helped me out and made me see how wonderful life is - that ERAC is just a job.

As for dogs, they are really cool and can poop in your bed without punishment. I might try that soon.

Stinkin up the sheets,
joshua h.

No comments: