Monday, October 10, 2005

Junk Mail & Haters

It is so funny that people get viruses. Now, I know sometime people get email in their boxes that 'sound' like a real email, or that maybe it is very important because it sayd so in the title. But I have chosen the recipient of my
"Keep On Trying Bud, You Suck at Sending Out Junk Emails" Award...this guy...

SUBJ: Fw[1]:HI Meeiyzdgobiot
FROM: cnrzzqjfcexeba@ server.com

NOW REALLY! Why in the world would I ever open this? You may be thinking ' well that was generated byt a computer program.' Ok then, I have another award:
"Keep On Trying Bud, You Suck at Designing Programs That Send Out Junk Emails" Award.

My friend Randy has been struggling with some family issues. His siblings and paarents dont like that he goes to Mars Hill or that he is dating a Catholic girl. If you have kept up, you know how hard they have been on him for it. Well, he is now engaged to this sweet young Catholic girl and they are getting married next July.

On Sunday, Randy's siblings disowned him. Yes - they told him they wanted to cut all ties'. They said they would not be at his wedding, would not stand up for him, and that he wasn't welcome. He was crushed I am sure. Although he didn't show it to us. He had been very angry and upset all day and was worn out by bible study time.

I don't understand. How can people, FAMILY, choose to say that, because you worship at another building, you are not worthy of their presence or that by being around you they may be poisened.

We worship the same God! We love Him just as much! We don't worship idols, or snakes, or wear Nikes in anticipation of the coming of the aliens! We are CHRISTIANS, or at least trying to be. We worship the same FATHER, and yet cannot call each other brother or sister? What kind of living is that?

This song, byt Brad Paisley, reminds me how wonderful heaven will be, when we are all on the other side and have all these silly questions and decisions taken away - the blinders removed - and all we see is Love from the Father.

When I get where I'm going
On the far side of the sky
The first thing that I'm gonna do
Is spread my wings and fly

I'm gonna land beside a lion
And run my fingers through his mane
Or I might find out what it's like
To ride a drop of rain

Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
I will shed the sins and struggles
I have carried all these years
And I'll leave my heart wide open
I will love and have no fear
Yeah when I get where I'm going
Don't cry for me down here

So much pain and so much darkness
In this world we stumble through
All these questions I can't answer
So much work to do

But when I get where I'm going
And I see my maker's face
I'll stand forever in the light
Of his amazing grace
Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears
Hallelujah
I will love and have no fear
When I get where I'm going
Yeah when I get where I'm going

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was raised Catholic & look how good I turned out! :-)

Josh said...

CHERYL - Exactly! You Yankees are good stock :)

bscarter said...

Someone could make a lot of money if they knew how really write spam. Like that poor, poor Namibian princess who's is getting kicked out of office and needs people to help store her money for her.