Sunday, April 10, 2005

Bring It On

Although it didn't win many...well, any...Academy Awards, this cheerleading movie brings to light an importnat phrase: "Bring it on!" YOu see, wheteht you are in the business of pumpin gup high school students for mega-big crosstown football rivalries, or in the vehicle rental replacement area, yo uunderatdn that as Monday fast approiaches, it is time to get your game face on because tomorrow someone will come in and
tell a small lie,
present a fake ID,
pretend that they didn't know about he deer stuck to the hood,
or leave a bad credit card and then say "well, I was going to bring it back!"
And to the masses who believe that I didn't watch 2 episodes of COPS on Fox Saturday night, you are wrong! I did..and I have more perspective on how to sniff out a bad deal... that is why they call me "The Bloodhound" Fuller. And they do...

What a fabulous weekend. After working Saturday morning, Layne & I went to see Fever Pitch, the new flick with Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon. Great show! It was a romatnic comedy, but had plenty of awesome 1- or 2-liners in it that made me chuckle out loud. YOu see, on a Saturday matinee showing most of the peopl in the theater are blue hairs...you know, elderly people. I think they missed most of the humor involved, because the only person I heard laughing was my date (I don't count myself, because I hear me, but it is more in my head..you know what I mean?) Anywho, I loved the movie.

Today we got up early and met Layne's friends for breakfast at 8am. Married, they are going to seminary to be pastors in Chicago. Great people. We tried a new church today, too. That is a difficult process. We love Mars Hill, but feel like it is too big. So we tried Sunshine Community Church just down the road from us. Lots closer..and the average age of the folks there was higher too. It was more traditional...but we decided it was worth giving a few more tries. We hated to make a decision based on one Sunday.

Anywho, April marks 6 months we have been dating. And to all who wonder, yes...it is great! The move up here was totally worth it. We have a blast together and learn more each day about what makes each other tick. She is truly a woman after God's heart and her heart may be nearly as big as His. Take care, friends....God Bless you all.

Capital T like Tokyo,
The Bloodhound

PS: not sure what that "Tokyo" thing means. It just pooped into my head. Yes, pooped.

No comments: