Saturday, April 16, 2005

Hockey fights and cocaine pipes

I was always taught that fighting was bad. It gets people in trouble, it is not nice and you could get your face rearranged like Sloth in Goonies. But I went to my 1st hockey game last night to see the Grand Rapids Griffins (2001 AHL Champs) take on Cincinnatti...and boy were my parents wrong! Fighting is awesome. The whole thing was so surreal - let me guide you.

First of all I don't know a thing about the game of hockey. I know that the ball is called a "puck" and is more like a cylinder. I know the goalee wears scary masks, and that most of the guys have a few teeth missing. But here is what I learned at my new favorite sporting event:
  • They have to put the words of the national anthem up on the JumboTron because there are too many Canadians in the house.
  • The goalee can actually leave his goal, thus having it exposed, to talke a breather! What a wuss!
  • The crowd only gets into it if there are fights or goals made. Otherwise they are completely oblivious to the goings on.
  • Mullets are the "in" hairdo at hockey games.
  • The refs rarely call penalties becuase they have to much fun watching the guys kill each other.

Layne & I went with a bunch of her friends from work. I love to be at sporting events. Any of them. By then end of the game I had deduced (by analogy to other sports) that slashing is like fouling in basketball - even though it is against the rules, awlays do it on purpose. There is off sides, like in soccer, but I had no clue what it meant. At one point I leaned over to the guy on my rigth and said, "just thought you should know - I have no clue what just happened." I told him I just jeer with everyone else, clap when they clap and use phrases like "good stop" and "tough D". I mean, you can use those in any sport, right?

And to get on to other matters, I found a crack pipe, crack, and a needle in a car the other day. Someone left it in a pari of shoes under the seat. I wore the shoes, but threw out the cronic...it's ironic. Snoop would be pissed. he probably wouldn't call me Dogg anymore....oh well.

Go see a hockey game. Go with a girl. Have a hot dog and chili cheese fries. Grow a mullet. And then smoke some crack. Yum yum getcha sum.

joshua

No comments: