Sunday, March 06, 2005

The Difference

Men and women are different. There - I have said it. I know that scientists the world over may crucify me for making such a bold statement, which contradicts every known theory or model of human nature, but I believe it to be true. In fact, I may even go so far as to say that males are very different from females. Heck, the opposite is true in itself - women are very different from men.

I know that this may be a new concept to most of you, but just let it sink in. All basic phsyical differences aside, there are other differences too. I was prepared to list them, but couldn't think of a single one - mainly because all of the numerous ones are running together in my mind now and would come out like this:

1. Moodinesspridetemperemotionalvulnerabiltyindependenceiheartmoose

...only longer.

The goal of any man in a serious relationship should not be finding a way to get more for himself, but instead to give of himself. You see, men can be jealous. Take me for example (you see, I am giving of myself)...like a child, I sometimes get moody if I am not paid enough attention. Standard poodles behave in the same way. It is hard for me to believe that I am not always the center of my love's world. When all things are well I see us holding hands, dancing through the daffodils and singing "tra-la-la-ti-day". When things are well but different than usual, I see her hating me and spontaneously deciding I must have been the biggest mistake of her life. All the while, the real truth is that her plate is full of lots of things and that she, as a woman of God, was made a far more emotional being than I.

I am independant - even to a fault. She is tender and strong all in the same woman. And beautiful for it. So while we men feel like we are the leaders and in charge, sometimes it is best if we walk behind her so that when she slips, we can catch her.

He who humbles himself will be exalted. God made a magnificent thing when he made the woman. Her tenderness is unmatched. Often times I feel like she will lose interest, but, at the risk of being completely honest - I am blessed, overwhelmed, and relieved when she keeps wrapping her arms around me, making the choice to invest in someone as strange as I am.

I love you,
me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

> sometimes get moody if I am not >paid enough attention. Standard >poodles behave in the same way.

ROTF! Ha ha! You made me laugh out loud at work!

Cheryl