Thursday, March 10, 2005

Seasonal Fans and the Death of Country Music

I have you interested, don't I??

Well today I went to Meijer (like WalMart, but WAY better) to buy some milk, a chef's knife and a fan to alleviate the stuffiness of my partment. (I don't have ceiling fans.) I searched all around the home section, furniutre, lighting..heck I had exhausted all the possibile locations that the fans could possibly be. Then I asked a yougn girl who looked like she had never heard that question before..."Not celing fans," I said, "stand up type fans thatyou plug in." Silence. She looked over at the guy stockig the clearance rack (whom I thought maybe had a crush on her and they were secretly have a Meijer love affair) and asked him if he knew about fans. He shot the same, "are you kidding?" look back at her that she had given to me. "Those are seasonal - I haven't seen them out yet. Maybe closer to spring."

Two things:
a) it IS spring...spring break, spring fever, spring solstice, "spring forward"...just because it is freezing here doesn't mean it is not that time of year
b) who doesn't keep fans in stock? In Oklahoma I could find fans in Wally world year round, regardless of the climate.

So I am here in my apartment, realizing that the snow that is again accumulating outside may be peering in through my mini-blinds saying, "hee hee hee - heeere I aaammm". If these flakes could talk...

In other news, and more sobering, Chris LeDoux, the rodeo king and country music legend, died yesterday in Capser, WY. He dipped too much. Serioulsy. He had cancer in his bile duct, caused by tobacco going into his stomach. He sang songs like, "Copenhangen,".... and lots of others that mention the bad habit of dipping. But really, who hasn't? I have - but I preferred to chew when I was in college. Not that I did it alot, just on long raod trips with close friends Excuse me. :)

Pizza is on the way. Stuffed crust. Layne is on her way back too. I got off right at 6 today - tomorrow I am marketing to our corporate partners. OH! Here she is now! Better run - watching Ray tonight..it won lots of awards, so I will let you know what I think.

God Bless Chris Ledoux,
josh

PS: all of my fish are pooping simultaneaously! you should see it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Im with you about the Mejier thing... it is much better.
Sad about Chris- good music, tough life. he was the real deal... its kind of fitting would die from something that so many other cowboys like him have suffered from as well. Its not exactly death in a gunfight or somehting, but its about as close as we get these days. i guess.