Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Joe Pesci was right

H-E-L-L-U-V-A day.. lemme just tell ya'.

You know those days when you wake up feeling rested, totally relaxed, and you know that this feeling is going to come back to haunt you sometime during the course of your day's schedule? Well, that is Stardate 03.30 for this Space Captain.

It all started well enough. Drove up north to Fremont to work at our satelite branch up there. It was a good time. My sales today were at 66%, so that helpes my monthly average out a ton. I was moving throught the day by reading up on branch stats and numbers to get an idea of what kind of crazy business I have gotten into. I called sveral customers trying to cllect money, ro jst seeing how their rental was progressing. I left important letters out of words to make things confusing., and rearrangde some others. Towards the end of the day I started seeing how busy we will be tomorrow and that promises and faith in my products will be tested with so many vehicles reserved. Then I got in my 5-in-the-floor and began the drive home.

Cell phones. Joe Pesci had it right when in Lethal Weapon 3 he ranted on and on about how "they screw you with the cell phones!" They do. He was right. Short and grumpy, but correct none the less. My phone kinda sucks. I get poor reception in my apartment and often have to call from outside to get a signal. I can't get a signal in my Fremont office. Heck, the thing hang sup on people all the time, mid-sentence and freezes up like a computer. So I was driving home from work, trying to hurry so I coul dmeet the internet guys who were coming to get me back online at my house...and I was talking to Layne, when the thing cut out and I had enough. I yelled obscenities at it (since that usually works, getting the phone to give up its wallet and cry about how it is underappreciated) and then, rather forcefully, slammed it against the steering wheel. Whoopsie...

I took it to Cingular when I got into town, told them it was a crappy phone and that it frustrated me so much I slmmed it down and made the exterior screen turn blue and yellow. "We have had nothing but praise for the Motorolas," he says to me. "Not now," I thought in my head (I am not a retorter or a smart-alec...I would get slapped for that.) He got me a number that I called and they guy says "I can send you a new phone of the same model as long as yours is fixable. Long story short, if mine is damaged (the screen) then I have to pay $75 to get a new one. So then I ask myself, do I just get a new phone and pay a little more? Or pay $75 and get another crappy phone? If it is reviwed as undamaged, I don't pay a thing...but I fear my impatience and bad temper got the best of me here and I may be a little out of pocket. Great...

SO I came home, got the internet fixed, and made some chicken nuggets - which cleared everyhting right up. Ahhh.... So to all my friends (especially my favorite who is far away right now), I lov eyou and God bless...

joshua "call me on my broken cell" fuller

PS: Did you know David Duchovny has a blog? YEAH! The guy from X-Files and that minnie Driver movie about the heart transplant. Although he is worshipped more than I, he is far less interesting. I don't see him touching his own poo just to save face...check it out. http://lionsgatedirectors.com/duchovny/index_flash.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I washed my phone in the laundry one time. That will ruin it too. Don't do that either!