Wednesday, March 02, 2005

A Short Dissertation on Global Affairs

Wow...what a day. (Do you ever notice that I write like I think...lots of these three dot things...like that...and that, too. I think I like it because it is more like a conversation...well, a one sided one. Actually, the definition of [...] is to electronically insert the verb of thinking or considering.) Where was I? Oh yes.

Wow...what a day. I worked 14 1/2 hours - from 7:15 until 9:45. Lots of cars to be delivered, but business is good. ( How do you spell business? Buisness? Or business? I think business because you stay "busy" at work, so it is like "busy"ness... (<--there it was again). There is a spell check but then I would have to move the mouse. "Lazy"ness.)

No exciting stories today. Just listened to people on NPR talking abotu how their sons didn't know what they were getting into by joining the natioanl guard in VA or the resevrs. I am sorry, but doesn't Army National Guard, or Air Force Reserves have a certain ring to the title? Maybe that's just me. I am sure it is hard on mothers of wartime soldier sons. But the fact is, I signed up with Enterprise knowing I would work long hours and not earn 50K a year. Soldiers sign up knowing they will have to fight when duty calls, and they won't earn 50K a year either. I must be a suburbian soldier...that's what I am.

And the people who say "NO WAR" and say that we are killing innocents...like I heard a lady on TV tonight saying "we are so ready to use a gun to solve out problems instead of sitting down and talking out our problems."

OK Susie Q. Public, you sit down with John P. Crazyextremist and rationalize why he/she shouldn't blow you up because you worship different that he/she does. Good luck. Don't these left sided anti-war types understand that in a utopia there would be no war and everyone could have tea and arrange their problems in a neat pattern for some grandma to cross-stich about..but that this is NOT a UTOPIA and there are people among us, both domestic and abroad, that are not rational? Whom talking doesn't work with? Heck, I knew some in college who were in my fraternity.

The point is, use your freedom to yank yank about NO WAR..but then, please, before the grace of Almighty God, thank the soldiers and their wars for the freedom that allows you to express that view. Ever heard this before,

"Those who do not remember thier past are condemned to repeat it."

I believe that was quoted at Adolf Hitler prior to his second try in WWII. He lost. But freedom gained by that war changed the world.

No more politics for a week, just Fruity Pebbles,
joshua holland fuller, President

... ... ... ... ... [<--ARGHHHHHHHHH!!]

No comments: