Wednesday, March 09, 2005

That's why I hate Monopoly

Layne & I love games. We play Rummikub, Sequence, crads...and tonight, Monopoly. That's right everyone's favorite corporate-intenso money game where investing in real estate and running out all the ompetition is fun and exciting! Well, I am not sure if Milton or Bradley played the game before they endorsed it...

But I hate it. Okay, the truth is - I love it. But it is such a personal game for me. See, growing up we played all the time and it was so intense - and I always lost. I guess somewhere deep in my sub-clavian psyche I figured I would grow out of the losing stage and become a master. So tonight Layne says, Yeah! let's play it ... but you will have to teach me the real rules."

And then, with a swift motion, she kicked my a**. I was so mad. Well, not a her - but at the losing. I remember when my buds and I played it in Jackson Hole for spring break in college - Court and Rusty almost fought over it. We all got so upset about the game. I think it's because every move you make is a gamble. And hwen you play it safe, the odds get you every time. I have nothing else to say.

Go buy connect four,
j holland

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

> and I always lost.

I thought that was because someone always cheated during your childhood(and NOT your brother that had dreads!).

Jeff & I just bought (while he was sick) two games. One was that Mexican Train Dominoes Game you introduced us too!

Anonymous said...

> and I always lost.

I thought that was because someone always cheated during your childhood(and NOT your brother that had dreads - it was the one that was always the banker!). Now, I wasn't there, but that is the story I have heard!

Jeff & I just bought (while he was sick) two games. One was that Mexican Train Dominoes Game you introduced us too! Thank you!

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

CRAP! The page crashed, so I came back & tried again & there is my orginal post plus my newer & better on!

Cheryl