Sunday, February 20, 2005

Being among...

"For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves?
Is it no the one who is at the table?
But I am among you as one who serves."
-Christ, Luke 22:27
This was one of the scriptures used in church today at Mars Hill. The speaker talked about how Abraham being called by God was instrumental - meaning the blessing only started there, and was passed on to all of us. Outward. God blesses the righteous and unrighteous alike (Matt 5) and we should do the same.
I was struggling the other day thinking, "how am I supposed to get involved here in GR while I work so many hours a day? Where am I supposed to minister?" Well - my ministry is being among so many different people every day at work. If a persons comes in several times thinking, "why is that Josh guy always so happy", or "why does he remember my name?" then God gets full glory from that!
Living among those who need blessings is my greatest desire. That I would be a blessing, or a tool that creates a blessing from the Lord in someone's life. Giving what God has given me, whether time, talent or money, makes his blessings more abundant because they are passed on to others. Ever heard the phrase "Pay it forward?" There you go.
Find your place to be among. Ask God to let people see Jesus when they look at you. That is our most important goal in the time we have here...
Outward,
joshua holland
PS: I have this theory - that when Jesus hears us praising with a sweet song He does the Carlton dance (you know, from Fresh Prince of BelAir - Carlton dance?)...I am pretty sure it's true.

No comments: