Saturday, February 26, 2005

Hola, amigo

Friday was a crazy day at work. I actually got off before the sunset (that rarely happens)...around 6:15pm. The day was constant, although not hectic. First thing this morning I locked the keys in a van, while it was running and thus customer was waiting. Felt like a total goob. So I had to take him to another branch, get him in a van, and go to the Dodge dealership to get a new key cut. I admit it was not the start to a friday that I would choose, or planned.

Then a phone call came. Bill was saying "I don't understand...What?" to whoever was on the other line. He then said "No habla Espanol." I blurted out "I DO!" and ran to his aid. I told th elady that her husband has a reservation for a rental car, asked for his cell phone number & told her to have him call us when he got home. He never did, but she understood me and I actually carried on a conversation with her! IT WAS SWEET! So the extra year at OSU to get my minor paid off...listen here, Dr. Monotone Spanish Teacher who hated me - how do you like me now? Can you handle that - HI-YA!?!

Anyways - a while later I got cussed out by lady who said we were taking to much money from her and that she would call her lawyer on us. The fact that she only pays in cash and I am pretty sure she can add makes me realize I was right - she owed us money to keep her car. When she asked to speak to the manager and I got him, she hung up. Ok, ma'am - you don't owe us anything. I will just call the cops, have them repo the car, and you can go to jail for theft. Have a nice day and thank you for renting with us!

Customer service is a wild and challenging field. Keeping my cool is a struggle, but I am sure I will conquer it eventually. If you are a customer of mine and are reading this, I thank you for your patronage and hope that, if your future plans call for airline travel, youwill choose Kellogg's.

Today Layne & I are in Midland for her mom's birthday. I love her poodles - Moose and Nayla. I am going horseback riding with some friends this afternoon. Haven't been in awhile - I am sure my butt will be sore. i hop eyours is too. :)

Suya hermano en el norte,
josh

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure why I was not aware of your blogging site but I am on to you now. JBR