Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Feelin' the burn

Does that title make you think I am working out hardcore and wailing hard on my back and abs? Nope - just had lots of dinner, actually. So just the opposite.

Layne didn't get her job that she wanted. She interviewed 5 times and made it to the final five, but wasn't as the company wanted "more experience." They have no idea what they just passed up. And i am not some American Idol parent saying that baout my kid who can't sing...she is so truly talented and creative and would make any com-firm blessed! But she has been working this week, and will continue next week, with a firm out of Holland, just 30 minutes from GR. She likes it htere, but they just brought her on for this project. We are hoping they will extend her to something more permenant.

2 more days of work till the weekend. YEAH! This 86 year old woman wrecked her rental today - broke my heart. She hardly has the money to pay her deductible. She wasn't injured, but got a ticket as she was at fault. She was a cutie - kept insisting she was only 16! :) And she made me agree that if she wins the MI lotto (1 million buckaroos) that I will drive her to see the grand Canyon and Alaska...so of COURSE I said yes!

Adios days on the wide open prarie,
joshua holland

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry about the job stuff- I can see you calling the office and telling them all the wonderful things about her. I havent met her but i bet shes top notch if she's your "main squeeze". By the way- ive been meaning to ask you- what other "squeezes do you have that she is your "main squeeze". Just wondering about the squeezing. TJ