Friday, February 04, 2005

Road TRIP!

So today I made my first major drive in MI. I drove up north 2 hours to Midland (the tri-cities) to visit Layne and her family. I learned a few things while on the road. (a) People go 11 miles over the posted speed limits her - I can deal with that, but can my wallet if I get stopped? (b) some towns up here are so small and isolated that they still have full service fuel pumps! I actually saw a guy in his car, someone filling up the gas tank, and another guy checking under the hood and washing windows...i wonder if that guy with 12 fingers from that one commercial works there? he could probably check the tire pressure too!

Anyway - I bought car insurance today and discussed what great premiums I got with my parents...I must have officialy gotten old! I get so excited about premiums, 401K options, health benefits and interest rates on CDs....maybe next time I go to target I will get a life while I am there! just kidding - I like the autonomy and being responsible for all this.

The other day I went into Cold Stone to reward myself from a long, hard day of getting lost in a city I have only been in once before, while I tried to get a new license, and all the crap that goes with it...So Cold Stone...the lady who waited on me was 45...but told me all bout the tornado she was in while in Kansas once. You see, I befriend those who wait on me at establishments because I know nobody else.

OK bye - too much for me to type, too much for me to read later.

WAIT! Funny - I took Layne's little sister out to dinner last night (she had a bad day at school). She is a vegeatarian, and so I said "How about we go to Outback?" Not thinking of its real name, "Outback STEAKHOUSE!" Anyway - she got grill cheese and grinned to bear it...good girl! But my bacon cheeseburger was GREAT! mmmmm

Wasting away in Margaritaville,
j holland

No comments: