Friday, February 11, 2005

Meet the Parents

OKAY! I was trying to get to bed, but thought of something that had to be written in here (whether I am the only soul who reads it or not).

I was in Midland, MI this past weekend to visit Layne and stay with her family. So Saturday afternoon I had to use the el bano upstairs. Needless to say, Ben Stiller & Murphy (& her Law) must have been in there with me, because the toilet clogged. I let it settle for just a minute (the girls were downstairs, so I hadn't much time to coyly divert attention from my potential waste dumpage). NO PLUNGER! I attempted to fish out some paper with my hands, and then tried the flush again. DON'T EVER DO THAT! As quickly as it had gone, it was back - as the water attacked the North Rim of the Bowl, I waited for the drain hole (underneath the inside lip of the toilet) to get called into action but there was not one! HERE IT CAME! The water crested and broke over the protective dyke as I scurried to find towels. I grabbed 3 from the bathroom and my 2 from my room and soaked, calling on the strenth of Brawny to help me.

I then heard a sigh from the toilet - indicating that the coast was clear. I sandbagged the water, washed up, and snuck the wet towels downstairs to the laundry room to be BURNT!

The moral is, don't poop at the inlaws!
-J. Holland

1 comment:

Unknown said...

are you kidding? I have done this same thing at the in-laws. love it. glad to hear you tried the hands only method- thought i was the only shmo who was sick enough to do that.