Thursday, February 17, 2005

Weekend special

WOW! What a crazy first 4 days at the office. Seems like only yesterday I was saying "tomorrow is my first day" and now I have been there almost a week. Time flies...(I'll spare you the cliche).

So anyway - my first day (last Friday) I worked 11 hours and 45 minutes! From 7:15am until 7pm! IT WAS NUTS! Who new that the rental car business is so busy. Monday was nuts too, as it was Valentine's Day and all. This morning I got the morning off, so went in at noon and worked until 7:20. Although the hours are long, the pay is pretty good and I haven't got antyhing else to do anyway, unless Layne is around. I had a budget scare last week, but then realized that I was adding in twice the income tax I was going to have to pay and then I calmed back down. Then I re-enrolled myself in basic high school alebgra (and apparently I need to take spelling and grammar, too). 2+2=4.

I met aguy the other day who buys rent houses, fixes them up and then rents them out. He was a little batty, but very cool and we talked all the way downtwon. I even have his business card. Although most things were fu*&in' this and fu*&in' that, I caught his meaning - and just entered my own adjectives, like "very" and "most assuredly".

I got my MI license plate and tags today. Pumped about not being TOY247 anymore (my old OK plates). Maybe people will stop poking fun at me...

I got excited tonight because chicken breasts were on sale at the grocery store so I bought three container thingies of them. Then I came home and fixed dinner for Wally and the Beav...but seriously, things change when you get a job and financial pressure rules the day. Did anyone know the cost of living up here is slightly higher? Go figure??!

Happy Trails, until we meet again,
Josh "Home of the Weekend Special" Fuller

No comments: