Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Drip! Drip! Drip!

There is a lot of snow on the ground in Grand Rapids - mostly from the huge storm that came through before I got here last Friday morning. But now, with temperatures soaring int he mid-30s it is melting. There is a "drip-drip-drip-" continuously coming from the window ledge outside my bedroom...wait, now there are two melting drips playing zydeco, one bass one tenor!

My apartment is great! The upstairs neighbor (who seems like a solitary old man) shook out his rugs today on his balcony. That is all I have seen of him. I heard him tonight, and occasionally I hear the water run when he flushes. Don't get me wrong, I love my new pad - there are GREAT advantages to living on the 1st floor, but also some disadvantages too...

It is 11:08 - time to get to bed. I have to get my new license tomorrow and phone number set up. God is blessing me here - He has provided more than I could have dreamed!

Water on the window is a "pane" in the neck,
jhf

No comments: